Illite French Green Clay
Illite French Green Clay
We are pleased to be able to offer France's finest therapeutic green healing clay, Illite French Green Clay. These clays were first made famous in North America by renowned naturopath Raymond Dextreit when his landmark book "Our Earth Our Cure" was translated into English.
By far our favorite French clay, this amazing clay mineral has been used (as one of two clays) by the "Buruli Busters" to treat buruli ulcerations in Africa. The use of this clay was part of Thierry Brunet's landmark presentation on the use of therapeutic clays to treat buruli ulcers, presented in 2002 to the World Health Organization in Geneva.
This clay is quite different from the smectite clays and zeolite that we offer, and makes a great addition to one's arsenal of "earth cures". Illite is an extremely weathered clay, and is classified as a mica. This clay can be used on its own, or mixed with other clays for great skin care formulas, or for internal supplementation. It mixes readily with equal parts water and clay. When used in drinking water, it has a clean, earthy taste.
For more information on how healing clays have traditionally been used in France, please read the book, "Upon a Clay Tablet". Book II, Volume I contains a section outlining how Raymond Dextreit used therapeutic clays.
The other famous French Green Clay is French Montmorillonite. We believe our Green Desert Calcium Bentonite is superior to its French counterpart, and is much more affordable.
We recommend the use of Illite for skin treatments, clay compresses, clay packs / poultices, clay wraps, internal clay detoxification, supplements and clay baths.
Please note that it appears that many online retailers are erroneously selling French Montmorillonite as Illite. These are two very different kinds of clays.
It is an mildly alkaline, non-swelling clay with a pH of approximately 7.75
- For Internal and External Use
- It is not chemically processed, heat treated, or "cleaned" in any way. It is from one of the rarest clay deposits in the world, and unlike many other clays, it is so clean it could (and often has) be used straight out the ground.
- Ideal for use in all traditional clay therapies, including cosmetics, clay compresses, clay packs / poultices, clay baths, clay wraps and internal clay detoxification supplements.
- Commonly sold for up to $40/lb or more, we provide this clay in bulk sizes for added value in cost and shipping.
- Please Note: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.